Real Estate Investing Show for Professional Investors
How to Build a Passive rental Portfolio with Lane Kawaoka Part One
Dec 02 2020
Lane is a buy and holds apartment deal investor. He has a group of investors to who he offers his deals.
To buy an apartment you need a big downpayment. He never puts more than 5% of his net worth into any one deal.
Lane looks at nonprimary markets, so not at NY, LA, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago. So he looks in areas like Alabama, Ohio, Atlanta, Little Rock, and tertiary markets, Huntsville. AL.
* The basics of building a passive rental portfolio while working a full-time W2 Professional job
* Lane's Ideal Rent-to-Value Ratio
* Should you invest in primary, secondary, tertiary markets?
* Should you invest in Class A, Class B, or Class C assets? Lane's answer will surprise you!
* Other than apartments and rentals what other recession-proof asset classes are there? Lane shares some very interesting, under-the-radar asset classes.
* Emergency fund 2.0: creating an opportunity fund with liquid investments and infinite banking.
* The top things you should consider in the assumptions in a Pro-forma pitch deck
* Cap rate to reversion cap rate delta
* Annual rent increases 1-3%
* Full occupancy assumptions 3) prefs, General Partner - Limited partner splits, IRRs
* Being an Entrepreneur - Raising funds through his syndication business through building relationships via my podcast and internet marketing. In 2016-current, the Hui Deal Pipeline Club has acquired more than $155 million dollars of real estate and raised $18 million dollars.
“The true meaning of wealth is having the freedom to do what you want when you want, and with whom you want. Building cash flow via real estate is the simple part. The difficult part occurs after you are free financially to find your calling and fulfillment. But that's a great problem to have ;) excerpt from “The One Thing That Changed Everything”
Today, Lane invests in syndications which buy Class C & B Multi-Family Apartment, RV Parks, mobile homes, and assisted living facilities because of this Nation's demand for affordable housing - not rich people Class-A assets. His mission is to help regular people into good deals that were once only accessible to the rich.
The passive income from investing in stabilized rental properties made it possible for him to move back home to Hawaii where the cost of paradise is 10%+ cost of living and -30% less pay for comparable jobs in the US mainland. There he was able to live a lifestyle where I was able to bike to work. It did not take him long however to finally quit the day job and ditch the e-bike for a Mercedes.
"Don't do anything you can't scale to a 7 figure income." ~ Lane Kawaoka
"Everyone has skin in the game or we don't move forward."
Here is more info about my Top-50 investing podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/simple-passive-cashflow-podcast/id1118795347?mt=2
His group coaching program: www.jayconner.com/Lane
Real Estate Cashflow Conference: https://www.jayconner.com/learnrealestate/
Free Webinar: http://bit.ly/jaymoneypodcast
Jay Conner is a proven real estate investment leader. Without using his own money or credit, Jay maximizes creative methods to buy and sell properties with profits averaging $64,000 per deal.
What is Real Estate Investing? Live Cashflow Conference
The Conner Marketing Group Inc.
P.O. Box 1276, Morehead City, NC USA 28557
Watch on ROKU:
Watch on Amazon Prime:
Real estate investing with the pros
Recent EpisodesUpdate on Jay’s Latest Real Estate Deal
Jeremy Knauff - His Inspiring Story of Surviving A Health Crisis
Step By Step Guide to $89,000 Deal With Jay Conner
Real Estate Investing with Jay Conner 2 PM
Student Successes! - Real Estate Investing with Jay Conner 3PM ET
Chad McCall on Finding the Deals! - Real Estate Investing with Jay Conner 2PM ET
Cory Boatright on Real Estate Investing Minus the Bank
The Anti-Financial Apocalypse
Fred Rewey on Real Estate Investing Minus the Bank
Brad Smotherman and 550 deals